How to grow a business online has never been easy. The online landscape is getting more complicated every single day, making it difficult to know where to start. Getting a guide that’s tailored to your needs can be a daunting task.
But I have good news for you. This straightforward guide from an expert who’s been in the industry for over a decade will surely meet your needs or probably exceed your expectations.
1. Know Your Customers – How to Grow Your Business Online
One of the most important keys to business growth is knowing your customers and being able to meet their needs at all times.
A Quick Customer Facts from Groove
- 84% of organizations working to improve customer service report an increase in revenue.
- After a positive customer experience, 69% would recommend the company to others.
- 75% of people would return to a company with excellent service.
- 89% of consumers begin doing business with a competitor following a poor customer experience.
- Highly engaged customers buy 90% more frequently, spend 60% more per transaction, and have 3 times the annual value compared to other customers.
5 Things Every Customer Want
- Quality Product or Service: Always choose quality over quantity when it comes to production.
- Fast Delivery: Always try your best to deliver a product or service on time as promised. Do away with under delivery and your customers will always love you.
- Good Customer Care: Every customer wants to be treated as a royal or VIP. Anytime a customer reach out to you for whatever reason, be careful the way you treat him or her. Never fight or argue with a customer.
- Affordable: Most people want durable but affordable product. One of business ethics is to have integrity. Always ensure value for money.
- Problem Solving Product or Service: The customer has problem make sure your product or service solves his problem. It’s very simple! If you can do this, you will have a lot of repeat customers as well new customer.
If you want your online venture to succeed, make sure to always have the customer in mind.
2. Learn From the Competition
There is actually nothing new under the sun. Whatever you want to do, someone has already done something similar before.
Moreover, wherever you want to be, someone has already been there before. For instance, Apple was not the first company to manufacture mobile phones but today, they are one of the best in their industry.
So find your competitors, learn from them how they are doing it. Tweak their strategies and apply it to your business.
Don’t ever be afraid of a competition, it is very good. Competition puts companies on their toes.
4 Importance of Business Competition : How to Grow Your Business Online
- Better Quality: Business rivals ensure better quality. For example, Ford and Tata Motors.
- Better Price: Monopolistic companies over-price their products or services. But when there is a competition, there is always a better price.
- More Choice: Imagine a world without the Apple company. Competition ensures varieties.
- Innovation: Business competitions bring about innovation and different styles.
3. Rely on Analytics
Data from your business is a key factor to your business growth. Your business analytics should be the basis of your growth. With the data, you will be learn more about your consumers’ behaviour.
In the online space, analytics is a powerful tool. When it comes to making a critical strategic choice, business analytics may be the number 1 useful tool you will need.
Let’s discuss some importance of Business Analytics and how it can help you grow your online business.
Let’ say you have a fashion eCommerce store. Data from your analytics will help to know the following about your customers.
- Location: With business analytics, you will get to know where your customers are coming from. For instance, are your customers located in tier 1 countries like USA, Canada, Australia, Spain, etc. Consumers from tier 1 countries (i.e. wealthiest countries) easily buy stuff online.
- Customer Types: This data will help you to know whether your customers are business owners, students, poor etc.
- Age Group, Sex, etc: Do you know the age group of your customers? What about their sex? Knowing the age group, sex, race etc about your customers will help you create products and services which will meet their needs.
- High / Poor Patronage Product: Without your business analytics, it will be difficult to figure out which of your products or services is doing well on the market.
- Best Season: Within the year, which month(s) do you record the highest sales? Know your best season from your business analytics.
If you want to grow your online business, make a very good use of your business analytics.
4. Invest in SEO : How to Grow Your Business Online
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. This is the method website owners or administrators use to strategically position their websites in front of people’s eyes via search engines.
Or in short, SEO is to rank your website on the first pages of search engines (e.g. google, bing, yandex, etc). SEO will make it easy for your customers to find you online.
Today, almost everybody tends to the internet for every information they need. And with millions of websites available online, it will be difficult for potential customers to find you, if you do not have a proper SEO strategy.
The fact is, people trust search engines that’s why the use it. So having a website that appears in the top results for the key term or keyword the user is looking for, will boost your website’s credibility.
3 Reasons Why Your Business Really Needs SEO
- Free Organic Traffic: Who doesn’t want free stuff. With a good SEO strategy in place, you can get free quality organic traffic to your website or blog. Investing in SEO is a long term gain for your business. Paid advertisement is very expensive. Can you afford to pay for every click or impressions? Think about this well.
- Builds Trust & Credibility: SEO can help you become authority in your niche. As you build quality optimized content, both people and search engine bots will love your content. In this way, you can easily build trust and credibility. And when people trust you, they will refer more people to your website. Also, when you win people’s trust, they will spread your business online. Is that not what your looking for?
- Get New Customers: One of the best ways to get new customers is by optimizing your website to rank on the first pages of search engines. Business growth simply means, getting new customers and increasing in sales.
5. Social Media Marketing
A lot of people now hang on social media. I mean, it is the meeting place for many people today. People talk about almost anything on social media. It is not only a place for socializing, people also talk about stuff like relationship, business, education and etc.
Since it is easy to find people on social media, it is ideal to spread the news about your business. In this way, people will discover your business.
In today’s marketing world, the biggest mistake you can make is to not implement a social media marketing strategy. If you don’t have a social media plan in place, then you are doing yourself, your company, your business and your bottom line a disservice.
What is Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing is a strategy for building relationships with customers. It is not just about creating an account on each of the major social media sites. In fact, it is about creating or joining a community and then participating within the community.
Social Media Marketing can include: posting videos, sharing news articles and commenting on other people’s posts.
To end this section, if you really want to grow a business online, you must be present on social media. Find out the right social media platforms for your business and use them effectively.
Enroll in this Social Media Marketing Course for free, and learn how to be become pro at it.
If you need a very good social marketing strategy, get in touch with us and we would be glad to assist you.
6. Affiliate Marketing
Getting people to help you market your products or services is a fantastic way to grow your business online. “Affiliate Marketing 101 : How to become a pro at it” is your go-to-guide to learn everything about affiliate marketing.
Resources to Help You Kick-start an Affiliate Program for your Business
- How to Start an Affiliate Program: 7 Steps To Success
- 6 Reasons to Start an Affiliate Marketing Program for Your Small Business (+ How to Do It)
- Systme.io : One of the Best Affiliate Platform for All Types of Businesses. Click to to sign up for FREE!
7. Think Outside The Box
If you have stayed up till this far, then it means you really want to take your business to the next level. To think outside the box simple means, to do things different. Find out how to serve your customers in a new way. Bring something new to the table. Digg out how you can do things in a unique way.
Moreover, become the best in your field or niche. Transform your business into the business that everybody would love to partner with.
You can achieve this by reading books and watching videos about business growth.
Executive Summary: How to Grow Your Business Online – 7 Tips from an Expert
You have made it! You have discovered 7 Tips from an expert which will help you grow your online business. Quickly, let’s do a recap about these 7 tips.
- Know your customers and meet their needs at all times.
- Learn from your competitors and outrank them.
- Your Business Analytics is a growth tool, use it effectively.
- Invest in SEO, you will benefit in the long term.
- Get an army of affiliates to market your products and services for you.
- Have a solid Social Media Marketing Plan
- Think outside the box, do things differently and uniquely.
Thank you very much for making time to read this post. Please do well to leave your comment below. You can also get in touch with us if you need help to grow your business.