Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to make some serious cash online. When done the right way, it can be a great source of passive income. The fact is, not everyone is making six figures from affiliate marketing. But you can make your way to the top with the secrets I will share with you.
The affiliate marketing industry is growing very quickly and getting a lot of great publicity. It’s amazing how many people are still unaware of this goldmine. In this article, I will explain everything you need to know to become a pro at it.
Affiliate Marketing Basics
Definition: What is Affiliate Marketing?
In the simplest term, affiliate marketing is a practice where you get paid by convincing people to buy a company’s product or service. Just like a commission sales personnel. As an affiliate, you only make money (earn a commission) when you drive a sale.
The affiliate marketing process usually involves signing up to an affiliate program. Upon your approval, you will be given a special link. You can place this link on the internet (i.e. on your blog, website, social media platforms etc). When a consumer clicks through your link and purchase a service or a product, you earn a commission.
Sometimes you can simply earn a commission for generating a lead, sign up, download etc.
Two Affiliate Companies for Newbies
- Bluehost is one of the best web hosting companies in the world. They have an affiliate program. You will earn $65 if your link drives a sale.
- Constant Contact is an Email Marketing company. They also have an exclusive affiliate program. Their Commission starts at $105 per sale & $5 per lead. It’s that simple!
A few percentage of people who are doing affiliate marketing the right way, are earning 6 figures a year. If you will apply the scale-up strategies in this article, you can also make a lot of money.
The Affiliate Marketing Process
In some few minutes, I will show you how affiliate marketing works.
Product Owner / Creator : Affiliate Marketing Process
The product owner could be a person or a company who has come up with product or service and want to sell it to people. These are people or companies who have identified a gab in the market, or a niche that that they want to fill. Product owners are looking for ways to sell their products. This is when the affiliate marketer comes in. In affiliate marketing, product owners are referred as vendors or merchants.
A vendor or merchant could be a large company or solo entrepreneur (i.e. a retailer or whole-seller). Also, the products could be physical or in digital formats.
Example of Affiliate Vendors / Merchants
- Amazon: Amazon is one of the Big Five companies in the U.S. They sell all kinds of products (both physical and digital formats)
- Udemy: Udemy is one of the best open online course provider aimed at professional adults and students (only digital products: online courses).
- Envato: the world’s leading marketplace and community for creative assets and creative people. Only digital format products like graphic designs, website themes and templates, audios, videos etc
- Mariah Coz (sole entrepreneur), who sells online courses to female entrepreneurs.
Affiliate / Publisher: Affiliate Marketing Process
As an affiliate (also referred as a publisher), your job is to attract and convince potential customers to buy a product. You can achieve this by creating contents online. Your success as an affiliate marketer largely depends on your ability scale up the business. You will later discover in this article how to scale-up the affiliate business.
You can earn a few hundred dollars in commissions or tens of millions of dollars every single month, promoting one or more affiliate offers.
End User or Consumer : Affiliate Marketing Process
This is the individual, group of people or firms who end up buying a promoted product or service. End users are the driving force of an affiliate system. Without consumers, there is no revenue to be shared between the product creator and the publisher (promoter). The affiliate may opt to be transparent with the customer and disclose that they are compensated for the sales they generate. For example, on your blog or website, a simple notice like “I may earn a commission if you purchase anything on this site. Thank you for your support” is good.
What is an Affiliate Network?
An affiliate network is a company that acts as a middleman between advertisers (product owners) and publishers (affiliates). They provide the tools needed to manage the relationship between the two parties and monitor the success of the campaigns. If the campaign is successful, the publisher is rewarded with a percentage of the revenue. That percentage can vary greatly depending on the publisher and the product they are promoting.
Affiliate networks typically provide:
- a central database of products, services and merchants
- a system for tracking sales and commissions
- reports and analytical tools
- traffic tracking and management tools
- a forum or community.
Now that you know what an affiliate network entails, make sure to join the best ones only.
Below is a list of some popular affiliate networks.
Affiliate Marketing: Who can become an affiliate marketer?
Introduction: Who Can Become An Affiliate Marketer?
Individuals or companies can become Affiliates. Becoming an affiliate marketer is easier than you might imagine. It’s not a job you get through academic qualifications. It’s just a job that you do by yourself. You don’t need any education or any degree to succeed as an affiliate marketer. All you need is to be able to promote your affiliate links to your friends, family, coworkers, and even your own blog.
When you sign up for an affiliate program, you’ll usually be given a banner ad or a text link that you can use to promote the product or service that you’re
promoting. This is typically called your affiliate link or your affiliate URL.
Bulleted Points: Who Can Become An Affiliate Marketer?
If you fall under any of the following categories, you can become a successful affiliate marketer.
- Social Media Influencer: A Social Media Influencer is a social media user who has built a reputation in a certain field. By virtue of their credibility and reach, a social media influencer has access to a big audience and may convince others. You can become an influencer on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, and etc.
- Website owner: If your website is about product reviews, product tutorials or products comparison, you can do affiliate marketing.
- Blogger: A blogger is someone who contributes to an online diary or website on a regular basis. A personal blogger maintains a website with diary-style writings, images, and links to other websites. As blogger, you can write about any topic or niche and include affiliate links on your blog.
- Have email list: An email list is a collection of emails you’ve gotten from your blog or website.
- Ready for paid advertisements: You can opt for paid traffic, if you don’t have any audience or email list.
You can advertise your offers on YouTube, Google, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
3 Ways Affiliate Marketers Get Paid
- Pay Per Click : Working as an affiliate marketer, you need to find ways to make money fast. One way to make money fast as an affiliate marketer is to do pay per click. Pay per click, or PPC, is a form of online advertising that pays the publisher a fee each time a visitor clicks on an ad. With PPC, the product owner will pay you for each click your affiliate link generates, whether or not the visitor buys anything or not. This is one of the easiest way to earn an income online.
- Pay Per Lead: It is basically a way of making money in which you get paid to generate a lead. The lead could be a phone call, an email, a sale or a download. It could also be a newsletter signup or a simple form submission. The idea behind pay per lead is that you get paid for each and every lead that you generate. As the name suggests, there are no upfront costs involved. You just have to generate a lead and you get paid for it. This is often referred to as a “pay per lead” or “cost per action” model (CPA).
- Pay Per Sale: This is the usual way to get paid as a publisher. You only get paid when your link drives a sale. The good news is that most affiliate networks or products owners have cookies.
So when someone clicks through you link and don’t make a purchase right away, the cookies will store their information.
Anytime the customer makes a purchase, the affiliate network records the purchase and details of the transaction on your affiliate dashboard. And you get your commission. Some affiliate offers come with 180-day cookies, but most often, it is 30 days.
How to Promote Affiliate Offers
In order to be successful as an affiliate marketer, you need to promote your offers on a regular basis. I mean you need to be consistent with your promotions.
How to promote your affiliate offers : Paid Methods
- Paid Advertisement: Paid advertisements have been in use since the invention of the internet. The use of paid advertisements, also known as pay-per-click advertisements, has dramatically increased in popularity with the rise of social media and the subsequent increase in the use of the internet. Online advertising, in particular, is one of the most effective ways to reach a large audience.
Also, the biggest reason for the effectiveness of online advertising, however, is the fact that it is so precise. It allows marketers to choose exactly who they want their ads to reach, while ignoring everybody else. If you have money to pay for, paid advertisement is one of the most effective and fastest way to make money through affiliate marketing. You can advertise you offers via Google Adwords, Solo Ads, etc.
- Social Media Platforms: Social media advertising has become a major marketing strategy employed by businesses and marketers to promote products and services to potential customers. Social media advertising (or SMO) makes it possible for businesses to reach a targeted audience in a very short span of time. The best social media platforms for promoting affiliate offers are: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, etc. You can create your affiliate offer page and also join groups to spread the news about your offers.
- Coupon Sites: Marketing an affiliate offer on coupon sites is an excellent way to promote offers. Coupons are a great way to get the ball rolling when marketing an affiliate offer.
- Webinars: Promoting affiliate offers through webinars is a great strategy for affiliate marketers. Webinars have gained popularity in recent years and offer many opportunities for affiliate marketers
How to promote your affiliate offers : Free Methods
- On your Website: One of the best places to promote your affiliate offers is on your website or blog. You can write seo optimized products reviews, or how-to articles. The internet is the number 1 go to, when people want to buy a product or service. They search for information like the price, reviews, how-tos, tutorials and etc about the product before making a purchasing decision. Focus on writing high quality content and building authority in your niche first, then the sales will follow.
- Video Sharing Platforms: One of the most effective ways of promoting affiliate products is to create a video sales letter. In order to make a lot of sales, you have to create a video that will be able to grab the attention of the viewers.
The video should be able to explain the products in detail and make the viewer feel a personal connection to the product. It should also be able to answer any questions the viewer may have. By doing this, you will be able to increase the number of sales you get and ultimately make more money. You can use video sharing platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, etc to promote your affiliate products.
- Email Marketing: It is a vital part of any online business. Marketing via Email is a very effective way to communicate with your customers and boost sales. It can help you to build a lasting relationship with your customers, by sending them updates, offers, and discounts. It also allows you to directly contact your customers.
How to choose the best affiliate products
Before choosing an affiliate products to promote, always choose the ones that you are passionate about. Also choose a product that you know a lot about. In this way, it will be easier for you to promote it. If you are promoting a product that you’re not passionate about or have less information about, it will reflect in your promotion.
how to choose the right products to promote: What to Look For
- Best Products / Hotcake Products: These are quality products that a lot of people have a natural interest in. In other words, they’re products that have proving to solve a lot of people’s problems. They have high converting rate.
- High Ticket Offers: In the world of affiliate marketing, there are some offers (ie. high-ticket) that are better than others. A high-ticket offer comes with enough commission to cover your expenses and still leave you with a nice profit.
- Products with High Reviews: Reviews are a powerful way to get people to buy a product. Even if a product has a high price, if it has a lot of reviews, people will still buy it. Reviews are a key factor buyers use to determine which product to buy. So, always choose products with high ratings (4.5 upwards)
- Products with Low Refund Percentage: Low refund percentage is one of the key factors that indicate the quality of a product. After all, if the product does not have a quality guarantee, then why would people buy it? Before choosing a product to promote as an affiliate, always check the percentage of refund.
- Products from Credible Sources: It is always important to check the credibility of brand whose product you want to promote. This will help you protect your audience from scammers and maintain your integrity as well.
5 Reasons You Must Start Affiliate Marketing Today
- Earn Income Passively : A very sought after goal for many people is to make money while they sleep. It’s something that almost everyone wants, but few people achieve. When done the right way, affiliate marketing can be a source of passive income for you.
- Financial Freedom: Being financially free means, living your dream life (e.g. travel on a whim, buy a mansion or private jet etc) without having to worry about money. It means having enough money to put food on the table, not having to worry about mortgage and other bills. If you’re really serious about financial freedom, you can achieve it with the power of affiliate marketing.
- Work from Home / Anywhere: Working from Home is a dream for many. You can do affiliate marketing from home or any part of this world. All you need is your PC or laptop with internet connection and your ready to go.
- Work with a lot of Brands: One the main advantages of affiliate marketing is that, it gives you the opportunity to work with different companies or brands.
- Easy way to Earn Money Online: One of the biggest advantages of affiliate marketing is that, it is a great way to make money online. Since Affiliate marketing is easy to start, what are you waiting for? Start your journey today!
4 Ways to scale up Affiliate Marketing and earn more money
If you really want to make a lot of money from affiliate marketing, then you must master these skills.
a) Sales / Persuasive skills: Persuasive skills are essential to any affiliate marketer. Because as an affiliate marketer, your number goal is to convince or persuade people to buy your offers. If you really want to scale up your affiliate business, then you need to be a salesperson above all else.
b) How to influence people: Influence is when you can get people to do something for you without using threats and without giving them anything in return. People like to feel good. If you want to influence people, you must give them a feeling of self-worth and make them feel good about themselves. You can also influence people by making them feel important and special. If build a large audience, you can drive more sales, hence make more money.
c) How to Write Sexy Content: With the power of AI tools, you can write quality content that can help you drive a lot of sales. Sexy content always make your audience ask for more.
d) SEO : Search Engine Optimization simple means to put your articles in front of the people who are hungry for your content. Mastering SEO techniques will help you curate content for humans and also SEO bots (search consoles).
Affiliate Marketing 101: Executive Summary
Learning how to do affiliate marketing is easy when you have the right information. With this article, you have the right information. You now know all the steps to take to make money with affiliate marketing.
So, make sure you use this information to your advantage. Also don’t forget that, affiliate marketing is a business and not a get rich quick scheme.
The most important thing is to create a website or a blog where you can post your affiliate links and promote your products. You can start your own blog by going to _.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us anytime, Thank you for reading!